Benefits and Services
Alumni Association Benefits
Enjoy your benefits and discounts!
The University Libraries at University of Maryland, College Park offer UMUC alumni access to their Community Borrowers Program. The annual fee is $50 for Maryland residents; $100 for out-of-state residents. You must provide an acceptable photo ID and proof of current Maryland residency to receive the in-state rate.
Other program requirements and features are:
- Members are allowed to borrow up to 25 books at one time.
- Books may be borrowed for a period of 30 days, eligible for one renewal.
- Borrowing privileges apply only to the University of Maryland’s eight libraries.
- Enrollment and all associated fees will be processed at the McKeldin Library circulation desk.
- Other University of Maryland and Affiliated Institution (USMAI) Libraries
UMUC alumni may review books and other materials at other USMAI libraries, but will not be able to borrow them. Albin O. Kuhn Library (University of Maryland, Baltimore County) and Langsdale Library, University of Baltimore allow UMUC alumni to borrow books at no charge with a standard alumni ID card. Materials must be picked up on site.
- Other Options
You may also check the policies at other local academic libraries. Please see our Libraries in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., or search LibDex.com to locate a library near you.
Alumni are welcome to use UMUC's databases in the ILS library and at the UMUC labs at Waldorf Center or Dorsey Station. Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions, we are unable to offer remote database access to alumni at this time.
- University of Maryland and Affiliated Institution (USMAI) Libraries
Alumni can visit any USMAI library including McKeldin Library at the University of Maryland, College Park, or the Shady Grove Library/Media Center Rockville, Maryland, to use the electronic databases to which they subscribe.
- Other Options
In addition to USMAI libraries, subscription database access may be available at a public or community college library. Many public libraries offer remote access to patrons within their respective counties. Please see Libraries in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., or search LibDex.com to locate a convenient library.
UMUC alumni may request assistance from ILS staff by:
- E-mail a Librarian
- Phone at 240-684-2020 or 800-888-UMUC (8682), ext. 2020
- Interactive instant messaging available during limited hours